"I needed some professional drawings for a small extension to my kitchen and advice on building regs, etc. I had a rough plan with my initial ideas and someone to build it but needed some more accurate plans that my builder could build from. The house is 300 years old so nothing is straight!"
- new downstairs loo
- larger dining area off the kitchen
- new entrance hall
- covered unheated porch
- to feel like sitting in the garden
- maintain maximum light into the kitchen
As this was a small project, not requiring planning permission, of traditional build and our client had a competent builder in place, it was possible for the project to progress with only our sketch design. The client and builder made all decisions on detailed design, although we were available should our support be required during construction. Building regulations were dealt with on notice by the builder.
- new downstairs loo, with easy access giving more privacy upstairs
- new front door position, visible from the road making it easier to find especially for deliveries
- larger space for dining, with better light and direct views and access into the garden
- cloakroom area with dedicated space for coats and storage in the new hall
- gallery space
"I really enjoyed our discussions and solutions and everyone was really excited by the plans. The extension took 5 months but it is now finished and we have the final sign off certificate."